Fossil is a custom full sized mechanical keyboard kit.
Group Buy will run from Friday, January 13, 2023 until Friday, February 3, 2023.
Production should be completed within 6 months.
Fossil is designed, machined, and finished entirely in the United States!
Carolina Mech works exclusively with designer and machinist Van Dusen MFG, based in Upstate South Carolina, USA. We provide updates throughout the group buy process because we work directly with the manufacturer. We're hands on and not just sending a design off overseas and hoping for the best!
Two layout options:
- Winkey bottom row with F12 top row
- Winkeyless bottom row with F13 top row.
The kit on this page does not include a PCB (does include a daughter board). Be sure to add one on here!
- hiney pcb, VIA/QMK, F12 and F13 compatible (hot swap and solder be sure to add on separately)
- Aluminum plate
- Grommet mount
- ALPS support
- USB-C daughterboard +JST cable
- 7 degree typing angle
- 17.5mm front height
- 2.44 kg / 5.6 lb weight built
- All weight designs come by default with a raw beadblasted finish. This will patina so add on a clear coat or bluing in the link below.
- Individually numbered weights
- Fossil will come with a custom carrying case if > 200 boards are ordered!
Please add a PCB to your order as this kit selection does not include one!
Please see our FAQ for A-stock and B-stock details.
Raw Unfinished Units are exactly that, just as they came off the CNC machine. No finishing applied! May have visible machine marks, scratches etc. Perfect if you want to get 3rd party custom coating or anodizing.
International buyers are encouraged to use US-based proxies to save on shipping.
Shopify DHL rates are high, if you want to use DHL chBlue oose that option and I will refund the difference in shipping, using an outside service to purchase the label.